Saturday, September 5, 2015

NE Highlights and Challenges | Week #21

This is a class assignment that I write about at the end of each week called Highlights and Challenges. If you are new to my blog I am enrolled at The Natural Epicurean Culinary Academy in Austin, Texas and this is my online journal (among other things!).

At the request of our macrobiotic chef instructor, this weeks highlights and challenges will be different that my previous posts. 

We are to create a Spring menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for someone who needs to lighten up their meals, or a Spring menu for a wedding. I will be creating a Spring menu for someone who needs to lighten up their meals. 

Before I get into the Spring menu I'd like to share all the great photos of the macrobiotic recipes we made this past week. So much good food!



























That last photo is Chef Rachel getting the perfect shot of our food on our last day of macrobiotic class. It was a great day and we sat together and ate for the last time as a group.  

Macrobiotic Spring Menu 

Breakfast 


Miso soup 


Lemon and ginger tea

Lunch


Edamame and chickpea salad with lemon miso dressing


Sweet vegetable drink



Dinner


Sushi with sweet and sour burdock, carrot, green onion and tofu

Dessert


Kanten with pear juice and lemon

That's all for this week! Hope you stop by for another visit next week. It will be my last post of highlights and challenges. My culinary training ends with our final event next weekend!!! It's going to be a blast :)












No comments:

Post a Comment