Saturday, August 8, 2015

NE Highlights and Challenges | Week #17

This is a class assignment that I write about at the end of each week called Highlights and Challenges. If you are new to my blog I am enrolled at The Natural Epicurean Culinary Academy in Austin, Texas and this is my online journal (among other things!).

HIGHLIGHTS

1. Describe: What did you find especially exciting, interesting, inspiring, satisfying and/or fun this week in the kitchen?

I found Kombucha, Rejuvelac, taco and burger bar, and desserts to be fun in this weeks raw class. The soups and salads we made in class were also good. 

I'm thinking that making my own Kombucha would be good although I've been thinking a lot about wheatgrass too. Wheatgrass has so many benefits for the body that I want to incorporate it into my daily routine. 

Here are some photos of the food we made this week, and I captured our raw taco bar setup on video:









2. Reflect: In what ways have you begun to apply, develop or incorporate this and/or how does this influence your professional goals?

Since this is my last week in raw, I'm planning to research dehydrators and wheatgrass juicers as well as finding a reputable person who sells organic wheatgrass. I want to establish a routine of consuming wheatgrass first before I give others any recommendations to incorporate into their diets.


CHALLENGES

3. Describe: What did you find especially challenging or difficult in the kitchen this week?

I believe that the soaking of nuts and/or seeds was something that I had to get used to when making recipes.  



4. Reflect: What might you do to meet and overcome these challenges or difficulties?

Reading recipes thouroughly (a couple of times) helps and asking lots of questions to someone who has more experience with making raw foods. 



No comments:

Post a Comment