Friday, August 14, 2015

NE Highlights and Challenges | Week #18

This is a class assignment that I write about at the end of each week called Highlights and Challenges. If you are new to my blog I am enrolled at The Natural Epicurean Culinary Academy in Austin, Texas and this is my online journal (among other things!).

HIGHLIGHTS

1. Describe: What did you find especially exciting, interesting, inspiring, satisfying and/or fun this week in the kitchen?

Chocolates was a fun day and I also liked making coconut wrappers for our samosas! 

Here is a short video clip of some chocolates that were made and an image of the fudge brownies I made from this weeks recipes:




2. Reflect: In what ways have you begun to apply, develop or incorporate this and/or how does this influence your professional goals?

I'd like to make the fudge brownies again for my husband and friends, but I do not own a dehydrator yet. At least I have a great recipe to use when I get all the necessary equipment.

CHALLENGES

3. Describe: What did you find especially challenging or difficult in the kitchen this week?

It was a tad challenging to this week to get my assisting hours in as well as maintaining my regular class schedule on top of having a final written exam and practicum.

Even though my week was especially busy I felt good about my practicum and the written exam. Here is a pic of the sushi garden that I submitted on test day:




4. Reflect: What might you do to meet and overcome these challenges or difficulties?

The good news is I have one last public class to assist and I will be done with my assisting hours. I will have completed sixty hours next week!

With that said, I will have somewhat of a regular schedule. I'm glad I will be done so I can put focus on the macrobiotic modality that starts on Monday. Perfect timing!




No comments:

Post a Comment